Let’s Take a Look at the Vibrant Colors for Mobile Apps & Websites
“Colorman Colorman, which colors do you choose?”
There’s absolutely no denying of the fact; color is certainly the most significant and possibly the most powerful weapon in designer’s arsenal. Yes; color can set the mood. Color can draw attention. Color can influence emotions, action and perception.
2017 is all about vibrant colors when it boils down to the point of web & mobile app design. Vibrant colors help people focus their attention on the crucial elements while making the design stand out and memorable.
Here are some useful & practical techniques for you to mull over when using vibrant colors in your app and mobile design
(monotone colors in your web design)
Face it; the most popular and smartest way of using vibrant color is through this monotone color palette. It includes the usage of a single color with a whole lot of mixture of its tints and tones. Of course; monotone color palettes are pretty much visually stimulating and when paired with bold typography the monotone color schemes can create that ultimate memorable experience.
Useful tips for you to mull over when using monotone color
- You can use a single color with bold black and white accents to create a visual interest on a small screen.
(Black and white accent color for mobile app screen)
For the uninitiated; duotone is typically the halftone reproduction of an image with an aim to bring out its highlights and its middle tones. Yes, duotone which was once the print staple has found a popular place online.
(Duotone effect for website)
These are visually interesting and are also pretty easy to create. You can create Duotone effect using the two-color gradient with Adobe Photoshop
Useful tips for you to mull over:
- Although duotone renders very pleasant effects on the large desktop images, however; they can work well in the smaller mobile screens as well.
- You can use the duotone effect for creating a dominant image. Select a simple but high-quality image that has a clear and single subject.
- Choose colors that reflect the mood of the photo to evoke the right emotion
- So what if you want to design a website with a duotone effect? It’s easy and you can do it without any modifications of existing image. All you have to do is to use Colofilter.css for applying the effect in CSS code.
(Overlay color effect for website design)
It is the striking way for using color in making a statement. Think once; all you have to do is to cover an image or cover the video with a semi-transparent colored box. Overlay color effect will help in evoking the feelings of modernism.
Useful tips for you to mull over:
- When choosing a single color as an overlay, consider the degree of saturation as well as the transparency of the color:
- Keep in mind; heavier color combination will render more focus on the color itself than the image behind it.
- On the other hand; lighter color combination puts more focus on the image behind than the color itself.
- You can use color overlay effect for video content, for card style element and to emphasize calls to action.
The bottom line
It’s always fun to play with colors. Depending on your choice the effects of color can be impressive, serene and dramatic. Doesn’t really matter if you love bold and bright hues or if you prefer a more minimalist black and white, the one crucial thing which you need to remember is – there’s absolutely no right or wrong colors and what matters most is how you use them.