Making Wireframing the Foremost Step in Modern Web Development
The concept of wireframing represents the idea where a user is given the look and feel of a web or mobile portal without actually building the Codebase or doing any kind of Technical Stuff. This is the booming trend in Modern Web Development and should be implied as the foremost step as it bridges the gap between the client’s expectations and actual development.
Skills and Responsibilities of Wireframe Designer
The term “WIREFRAME DESIGNER” might sound new but it is no different than Graphics or UI/UX Designer. The skills required to perform this challenging work are given below –
- Creative Mindset regarding how different elements will get placed together and designing them which result in amazing user experience.
- A good knowledge of designing tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Proper knowledge of Wireframing softwares like Adobe Xd, InVision or Figma
- A thorough study of latest animation features that these softwares provide to make it look like the user is visiting an actual web portal rather than slides of designed web pages.
A “WIREFRAME DESIGNER” is considered to be a person who will be working for actual user experience so its’ responsibilities consists of –
- Making sure that he/she has a thorough understanding of “Scope of Work” and the loop holes in it and addressing Project Managers regarding the same.
- This person will be addressing “Front End Developers” for proper UI Designing and to “Back End Developers” for proper functionalities of each and every element.
- He/She will also be addressing the client to give a full demo or walkthrough of the project making sure all the technical aspects have been covered and penning down any new ones.
Challenging Areas that were solved when used Wireframing
The latest project that I worked on was Bumerang Rentals where we adopted this work flow of designing a wireframe before actual development and all the benefits that were achieved and pain points that were solved are mentioned below –
- The client had a full understanding of user flow and user experience. A lot of features that were mentioned in “Scope Of Work” were still in debate but as a Wireframe demonstrates how things will look like on a web portal, these issues were solved in real time.
- The client kept on adding new things during the demo, we noted those changes and implemented in real time too.
- Previously, when the projects usually started with Front End Development directly, noting down the changing expectations and implementing them on an already existing code base was a very hectic task and resulted in increased time and cost estimation. Subsequently, efficiency of the Human Resources involved used to be questioned. But, with the wireframe, all changes were noted and implemented without any development in picture which resulted in increased efficiency.
- As a “WIREFRAME DESIGNER” when I got the green signal from the client to move forward with Final Product the “Front End Developers” already had the full information about UI Design of each element and “Back End Developers” already had the full information about functionality of the same. It resulted in a smooth workflow for Full Scale Development.
In a nutshell, I would like to state that Wireframing is a step that gives a user proper visualization of a live Web or Mobile application. It is a skill set which has appeared as the rising trend in the Technical Industry which bridges the gap between Client and Developers for smooth workflow. Making Wireframing the foremost step is the best thing you can do for your project.